Labor Day is upon us, as is week one of the college football season. My agenda for the long weekend is to eat, drink and be merry—and soak in the action with family and friends. Here are my observations going into one of my favorite weekends of the year:
– The game itself wasn’t the most entertaining, but watching Ohio State and Minnesota with a packed student section was a welcomed sight. We’re not out of the woods as far as COVID-19 goes but I do feel for the college kids of the Covid era. They’ve suffered as much as anyone and deserve to be in this atmosphere (safely of course).
– That being said, Minnesota needs to row the boat back into the defensive playbook. Poor discipline, particularly in the run defense last night.
– CJ Stroud had a mixed debut as the newest Buckeye quarterback and successor to Fields. To be expected given the kid wasn’t even alive in 2001(cringes). I see the potential in him though. OSU should be the favorite again in the Big 10.
– A coworker brought donuts Friday morning for our department. Always a baller move and a way to boost morale. It got me thinking. Who is better: Dunkin or Krispy Kreme? My take is Krispy Kreme by far has the best glazed donut on the planet, but Dunkin has the best overall breakfast repertoire (donuts, coffee, and breakfast sandwiches). You honestly can’t go wrong with either.
Who is better: Dunkin or Krispy Kreme? My take is Krispy Kreme by far has the best glazed donut on the planet, but Dunkin has the best overall breakfast repertoire (donuts, coffee, and breakfast sandwiches). You honestly can’t go wrong with either.
– FUTBOL IS LIFE!! The latest episode of Ted Lasso comes out tonight. I beg you if you have not watched this show yet, binge it on Sunday when there is less American football on tv. You’ll thank me later.
– Yuengling is now being distributed in Texas. What’s your over/under on how many lbs I gain by Christmas?
– The Gus Bus brought its magic down to Orlando last night. Crazy comeback win.
– I think Alabama Miami has a chance to be a good game —and by good game, I mean Alabama will get a feel for Miami by the 2nd quarter and cruise to a 20-point win.
– When I went to bed last night, I had Georgia beating Clemson on Saturday night. I woke up this morning and I am leaning towards Clemson now. I trust Dabo and DJ a little more than Smart and JT. *Subject to change*
– Feeling ambitious this weekend and want to try cooking some ribs on the grill. I have a feeling I’ll end up DoorDashing instead.
Lastly: Be safe out there this weekend. Make good decisions so you can come back and enjoy our NFL preview episode next week.