It’s been a long week. So long, that we almost didn’t get to think about last football weekend before this football weekend. But luckily, here we are.
– I want to know the collective average age when Auburn fans start experiencing heart issues. I think it’s 19. Watching that game had even the most casual of college football fans on the edge of their seats, Garmin and Apple Watches sending stress alerts, and both prayers and screams from those watching. I didn’t think Georgia State would sneak out of there with a win…did I? I don’t, and I think it was a case of catching Auburn between two tough games. Good on Hardin for being willing to try something new on offense too.
– We learned nothing about either UGA or Vandy this past weekend. Mostly just confirmed what we’ve thought all along.
– On that note, I can’t decide if this week’s Vandy-UConn game is can’t watch TV or can’t miss TV. If there was ever a game to let Bob Menery and Pat McAfee call, this is it. If Vanderbilt somehow loses this game…
– Notre Dame looked pretty good throttling Wisconsin. How did they not shoot up to No. 3 in the polls?
– I think Iowa is going to be the best team that misses the playoffs. I think they’re a good team, but I don’t think there’s going to be room for them, especially if Notre Dame keeps winning and Ohio State doesn’t drop another.
– On the subject of dropping another, I was wrong about Clemson. I really thought they’d lose a close game to Georgia (they did) and then not lose again (they did lose again). I thought NC State was legit at the beginning of the season, and I can see them winning the ACC. How on earth did they lose to Mississippi State?!
– Speaking of State, things have got to turn around there, and soon. I want to see the Air Raid work in the SEC, but the adjustment period may take too long to see it come to full fruition.
– LSU is not very good. And that’s about the nicest way I can put that.
– Maryland is 4-0. Did you know that? I didn’t until we recorded this week. Good for them.
– Ole Miss-Alabama may be the game everyone is talking about, but the game of the weekend to me is in Athens. I have been high on the Razorbacks all season, and while I think it’s a tall order, I think they can beat Georgia. This feels very much like a you’re-one-year-ahead-of-schedule game for Arkansas, but I like what they’ve got going in Fayetteville.
– Watch out for Wake Forest. That is all.
That’s all I’ve got. What about you?